This luxury villa for sale in Chania is located near the village of Kokkino Chorio, in the Apokoronas region of Crete. An oasis of calm and luxury gazing over a secluded cove, this magical villa can represent a perfect setting for a permanent residence as well as a great investment opportunity.
This superb property has 290sqms of living space, set on a private land of 4000sqms and offers unobstructed views of sweeping sea waves below and the pure Cretan skyline.
Cool and spacious throughout, it features large interior rooms, 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, with the four bedrooms on the lower level having direct access to a wide patio with gorge and sea views. The entry level master bathroom has its own terrace with sunbeds offering sweeping views of the Cretan sea, the gorge and the Akrotiri peninsula. All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, air-conditioning and under-floor cooling /heating. The fully equipped kitchen has a beautiful central island with granite top, full size built-in fridge-freezer, three position oven and 4 ring ceramic hob.
Outside, the oversized 60sqms heated infinity pool overlooks the crystal clear, blue sea waters below and multi-level terraces with striking views. Nearby there is a separate large dining area with a full size BBQ.
The villa is almost carved into the rocks of a seafront gorge above a small cove and pebble beach. It is surrounded by wild unspoiled nature and sits beside the endless blue Sea of Crete and has a natural access to a pebble shoreline below.
Design is also present indoors where the space developed on three levels conveys a calming sensation, with views of the sea and the gorge from all levels.
There are 5 multi-level terrace areas with unobstructed views of the sea and the garden that surrounds the villa, carefully created to match the wild rocky nature of the gorge.
- Country: Greece
- Province / State: Crete
- City / Town: Chania
- Property ID 079
- Price €2.800.000
- Property Type Villa
- Property status Available
- Bedrooms 5
- Bathrooms 6
- Size 290 m2
- Land area 4.000 m2
- Label For sale
- Energy Rating Awaiting Certificate
- State of construction Finished
- Amenities Sea view, Mountain view, Private
- Floors 3
- Parking √
- Garden √
- Terrace √
- Wellness facilities Private pool
- Heating / Cooling Electric heating, Fire place, Airco
- Solar panels for water
- Notable aspects The villa is built on three levels, following the natural lines of the hill-side with each level having access via the central staircase or by using its own internal lift. The entry level master bathroom surrounded by large glass areas offers panoramic views and an en-suite bathroom, with its own balcony and terrace with sunbeds and sweeping views of the Cretan sea, the gorge and the Akrotiri peninsula. The living area is fully air conditioned with additional underfloor heating. The lower level, accessed via the lift from the kitchen area or by staircase is home to the 4 master bedrooms and a utility room. The villa is set at the top of a beautiful and peaceful gorge which has a beach and access to the sea. There is a natural pathway down the rocks to the beach.
- Nearby places Kokkino Chorio, Crete is an unspoilt, traditional village in the region of Apokoronas in Chania, located high on the mountain and offers breath-taking views over the Bay of Souda. The village was one of the sites used in the 1964 film Zorba the Greek and it's one of the most popular locations for purchasing property in Crete. It is a small, hospitable village with a couple of small shops, kafeneion and tavern. More shops and restaurants can be found in the village of Plaka, 3kms away. Kokkino Chorio features a glass factory which produces handmade glass, using traditional glass blowing techniques. The coastline northwest of the village is a very interesting place for a stroll due to the ground formation and the various caves.