This unique designer villa for sale in Chania, Crete is located on the outskirts of the town and only within a 10 minute drive to its centre.
The villa is of 318 sqms and includes 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in its living space. It is built on a plot of 2140 sqms, is developed on two floors and features a heated pool with hydromassage and an unbelievable outdoor area, with aligned trees (plus an ancient, thousand year old olive tree and a statement-lemon tree), pathways and imposing columns.
On the entrance floor, there is the living room/dining room area, a kitchen that opens to the patio, 3 bedrooms and an office room. The living room features a fireplace, while the whole floor is surrounded by windows and glass doors, has wooden floors of high quality and of course (as on the lower floor, as well) premium, elegant furnishing.
On the lower floor, 2 more bedrooms can be found and also storage and utility spaces.
Outdoors, there are various sitting & dining areas, under trees and in complete privacy. The most interesting feature of the property is its fully concrete construction (no bricks were used) and also, its character that is influenced by minimalism, Japanese architecture and Bauhaus. Thus, simplicity and balance is achieved. It is worth mentioning that the villa was shortlisted for the Mies van der Rohe Awards in 2009.
The villa is totally private, thanks to its design, positioning, trees and boundary walls. The neighbourhood is really quiet, yet right outside the city. In other words, the spot is ideal for a year round residence, but also for rental purposes. The property has been operating as a rental holiday home and has been having great success.
- Country: Greece
- Province / State: Crete
- City / Town: Chania
- Property ID 074
- Price €1.600.000
- Property Type Villa
- Property status Available
- Bedrooms 5
- Bathrooms 3
- Size 300 m2
- Land area 2.140 m2
- Label For sale
- Energy Rating C
- State of construction Finished
- Amenities Sea view, Mountain view, Private
- Floors 2
- Parking √
- Garden √
- Terrace √
- Wellness facilities Private pool
- Heating / Cooling Fire place, Airco
- Solar panels for water
- Nearby places Chania, Crete is very popular for its old town and harbour, which is the heart of the area attracting visitors from all over the world. It is considered to be one of the most beautiful and picturesque cities of Greece due to the fact that it has preserved its historical character. The architecture reflects the different cultures and civilizations that lived on the island such as Venetians, Turks and Egyptians. The narrow alleys are surrounded by Venetian mansions and Turkish houses, villas and palazzos, mosques, small churches and a beautiful restored synagogue. Many of these buildings are being used as residences hotels or museums and others as shops, stores, cafes and restaurants. Chania is one of the nicest towns in Crete, with wonderful houses, parks and squares and a well-designed historical town. The Public Market is an impressive building in the town centre, built at the beginning of the present century (1911) and houses grocery stores, butchers’ shops, a fish market and vegetable shops. The Public Gardens, next to the Market, are ideal for those in search of shade and tranquillity. Northeast of the gardens is the beautiful neighbourhood of Chalepa, where the residences of Prince George and Eleftherios Venizelos were. The old city has preserved to a great extent the distinctive atmosphere and charm of the Venetian and Turkish periods. Entire Venetian, Turkish and Jewish quarters are saved, with well-preserved buildings in the narrow picturesque streets. All modern shops and amenities are within a 10 minute walk from the Venetian harbour as is the sandy beach of Nea Chora.